Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Emerging From Silence

Have you missed me? Perhaps I lead the boring life. Maybe too much is on my plate. Or... could I be forgetful... or lazy? So, I don't have much to share. The classroom is painted, the boards are going up this week, and then I will have to put up all the displays again after doctoring them up a bit. I have most of the food purchases put together for the auction. I have not heard from Pepsi, but I will not sweat that. We will just have to buy pop in cans. I still need to con some people into helping make cotton candy, put the meals together, bag the desserts, dole out the popcorn and pop, etc. That may be the hardest part. We found out today that the auctioneer will not be able to do it this year, so need to find someone quick - but that is not my job, phew! To add to the fun, the washing machine is not behaving. The cost of repair almost equals the cost of a new one so will add that into the mix. I don't want to have to spend time standing by the washer to keep it going. Then I remember my mother washing the clothes on a washboard, running them through the wringer, and hanging them outside to dry(even in winter). I am ashamed of my complaint to have to "nurse" the automatic to perform. So... was that worth your time to read/know? I remind myself, "And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, GIVING THANKS to God the Father through him." Col. 3:17

2 comments:

Mom to Anyone said...

Yep, I missed you. However, that should never be construed as pressure. I am very, very earnest about being a no pressure person. Anyway, I wasn't bored. Washing machines take on a whole new meaning when you're the housekeeper; they become real intriguing. Your mom may have spent all that time doing laundry - and I have told lots of people about the great example she was of hard work - but her time spent with that was a trade. If you have to spend time standing at the machine then you are having to choose not to do something else. You just have to decide which thing is most/least important to you=) To choose something else that is of greater value doesn't mean you're lazy, just prioritized.

momawake said...

And getting a new washing machine could be a fun experience! Not that I'm all about fun or anything. : )

I glad you're back; I was ready to send you an email about posting again.