Saturday, January 19, 2008

Weekend Debriefing

Dave's funeral was appropriately done by Jim White who used to worship in West Virginia with Glenna's sister. It was OK, but not especially insightful. You might be interested to know that Tim is mostly bald and gray. Tracey is a plumper Tracey with pretty fake blonde hair. Keith is quite distinguished with a full head of white hair. They have a nice crop of "kids." Julie, I did not recognize. I don't remember her face looking like she does today, even though she does not look much older. The only tangiable evidence was that her hair was a aghastly shade of expensive red. (No one can do red hair as well as God!) Her husband seems to be a nice guy. Dave left no life insurance so the house will need to be sold to get money to take care of Glenna's needs. Tim talked like that would probably be an assisted living place.

We were treated to a very pleasant symphony concert. The music was beautiful. The artists were very skilled, and their instruments yielded excellent tonal quality. The work of masters.

James' funeral was a true treasure. Curt dispensed with any ritual and spoke from the heart directly to the reality, harsh as it was, in hopes of saving any of the young souls who filled the Co. Bluffs auditorium to the brim. He concluded with words of comfort and hope. Then family and friends spoke of James in very loving and appreciative terms. The hour and a half passed quickly. Many from James work as well as Evelyn's and Belnaps were there. Many from York, and many from all over he had befriended at camp were there. It is so sad that good Christian young people can be lured into the drug scene so easily and quickly get to a place of despair by Satan's trap.

Please pray for Glenna and her family to have wisdom. Please pray for the Stoulzenburger family during this tough time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed checking your new blog. I don't get on the internet very often since I don't have it at home - and any time I get is usually spent on homework. Ah the new joys of school...

Mom to Anyone said...

Wow. If those observations are made about the Reynolds clan, what might decades ago acquaintances say about me? Only everybody else ages, right? I guess I don't know - or remember - James. Should I know him? I assume he was a young person.

Mom said...

Welcome aboard, Stacey. James was the 21 yr old son of Evelyn and Belnap. Evelyn still goes by her maiden name of Bland. She was the one who had her first baby and did not even know she was pragnant. Karen, perhaps that will jog your memory.

Mom to Anyone said...

Wow, yes it does. I have a picture of him as a baby in my photo album. I watched him a few times while I was doing daycare. So was this a drug related thing?